Sat, Jan 13|
Laura Beth Wenger Mindful Movement
The Sacred Circle
Since ancient times, humans have traced the shapes of circles in their sacred objects, their art, and their bodies. On a symbolic level, circles represent wholeness, integrity, the Self. Join Laura for a two hour exploration of creative movement and art to explore this powerful archetype.
Time & Location
Jan 13, 2024, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Laura Beth Wenger Mindful Movement , 593 SE Central Pkwy, Stuart, FL 34994, USA
About the event
Since ancient times, humans have traced the shapes of circles with their sacred objects, their art, and their bodies. Carl Jung believed that the human psyche recognizes the circle as a symbol of wholeness, which is why making these shapes can help facilitate a sense of integration and completion.
Join Laura for this special workshop to explore the sacred circle through lecture, discussion, movement and embodied creativity.
- Learn and practice basic circular patterns with Indian clubs
- A creative/accessible movement practice, with music, that incorporates circular body movements
- Drawing large circles (mandalas)– I recommend wearing black clothing or “paint clothes” that you don’t mind getting dirty
- Lecture, discussion, and options to share (or not)
- Meditation, reflection and journaling throughout
Sacred Circle$50.00+$1.25 service fee